Formerly a founding partner, along with Bill Thayer. Effective July 1, 2015, Craig Schauermann transitioned from managing partner of the firm to an “Of Counsel” role with the firm. Craig continues his long history of mentorship to the firm's attorneys and contributes to the firm's active handling of its cases. You may contact him via this page, but he is not taking on new cases directly in his new role with the firm.
- Location: Vancouver, Washington
- Phone: 360-695-4244
- Fax: 360-696-0583
- Emphasis: Before going of counsel July 1, 2015, Craig advised and advocated for his clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases for nearly 40 years. He continues to work part time with the attorneys in our office on matters relating to serious personal injuries and wrongful death. He serves frequently as an arbitrator.
- Professional Qualifications & Education: Bachelor of Arts, 1973 Washington State University; Juris Doctor degree, 1976 University of Puget Sound; Licensed to practice before all courts in the State of Washington, the Western and Eastern District Federal Courts of the State of Washington, and the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- Professional Experience: Craig started work in Seattle as an associate with a small personal injury firm and moved to Clark County in January of 1979. He practiced exclusively after that in the State of Washington, primarily in Clark County. He was instrumental in obtaining for his clients a number of large verdicts, arbitration awards, and settlements.
- Professional Affiliation: Member of the Board of Governors for the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association from 1996-2001. Political Action Committee for WSAJ from 2004-2015. Past WSTLA Eagle member for over 25 years. Past President of the Clark County Bar Association. Former Chairman of the Washington State Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Committee. Craig has been a speaker at numerous legal education seminars.
- Personal: Craig and his wife are the proud parents of three children and six grandchildren. He enjoys golf, playing bridge, and traveling with his family.
Areas of Practice
Washington, 1977 U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 1993
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1977
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1994 U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington
J.D. – 1976
Washington State University
B.A. – 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships
Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Governors, 1996 – 2001
Washington Trial Attorneys Public Forum
Clark County Bar Association, Past President
Washington State Bar Association, Former Chairman, Continuing Legal Education Committee
Law and Politics Magazine, “Super Lawyer” selectee, 2005 – Present