If you have been injured in an automobile accident, you may be surprised at how quickly the insurance company may try to settle your claim. Oftentimes, an insurance company may contact you about a settlement before you are even able to contact a lawyer about your case.
Before you accept any settlement or sign any paperwork, it is important to speak with an attorney. While a fast settlement might at first sound appealing, it may not take into account certain factors that could wind up costing you money in the long term. The personal injury attorneys at Schauermann Thayer Jacobs Staples and Edwards can fight on your behalf to receive a fair settlement which will adequately provide for your needs following your accident.
Insurance Companies Can be Deceptive
While it may seem like an insurance agency is looking out for your best interest by providing you with a settlement, an insurance provider is still a business with an ultimate goal of protecting its bottom line. If your accident was not caused by someone else, if you were injured by a hit-and-run driver, or if the person who caused your accident was uninsured, it may be your own insurance company who pays for your claim.
Remember, the company's ultimate goal is still to settle for as little as possible to save as much money as it can, even if this savings is to your detriment. Your attorney will work on your behalf to secure you a reasonable settlement that will take into account the following.
- Compensation to cover repairs to your damaged vehicle, or compensation to cover the costs to replace your vehicle entirely if it has been deemed a total loss.
- Coverage for your medical expenses, including emergency room treatment, overnight hospital stays, surgical bills, medication, rehabilitation, and long-term medical care.
- Pain and suffering which you experienced as a result of your accident.
- Emotional damages which you may have suffered following your accident, such as depression, anxiety, and/or insomnia.
- Damages for care and companionship which your loved ones have lost due to your being injured in an accident.
- Lost wages from having to miss work following your accident.
Have you been Injured in an Automobile Accident? Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, don't spend valuable time and energy fighting with the insurance company to get a fair settlement. Your main focus should be on healing to the fullest extent possible. The attorneys at Schauermann Thayer Jacobs Staples & Edwards PS are here to fight on your behalf to receive the justice you deserve for the pain you endured following your accident. To schedule a consultation to speak with an attorney about your accident, fill out an online case evaluation form or call (360) 695-4244 today.