Experienced Accident Attorneys Representing People With Head Injuries in the Greater Vancouver & Portland Area
Traumatic brain injuries are a major cause of death and disability in the United States.
Brain injuries can produce myriad symptoms that can last anywhere from a few days to a lifetime.
According to the Mayo Clinic, you should:
- Always see your doctor if you or your child has received a blow to the head or body that concerns you or causes behavioral changes.
- Seek medical care if there are any signs or symptoms of traumatic brain injury following a recent blow or other traumatic injury to the head
According to the Mayo Clinic's website regarding traumatic brain injuries, signs and symptoms of a brain injury in an adult may include:
- Loss of consciousness
- No loss of consciousness, but a state of being dazed, confused or disoriented
- Fatigue, drowsiness, or difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Convulsions or seizures
- Dilation of one or both pupils of the eyes
- Clear fluids draining from the nose or ears
- Inability to awaken from sleep
- Weakness or numbness in fingers and toes
- Loss of coordination
Cognitive or mental symptoms
- Memory of concentration problems
- Loss of interest in favorite toys or activities
Brain injuries don't just affect the individuals, but can also have lasting effects on family and community members as well.
If you or a loved one has experienced a head injury in Washington or Oregon, we are prepared to help. Please call 360-695-4244 for a free consultation or send us an e-mail and we will get in touch with you promptly.